APComm is here to:
- Represent to stakeholders all the specialist police communications professionals working to support the police service
- Provide training and help develop the knowledge, skills and career opportunities of members
- Share and promote good practice and create networking opportunities for those working in police communication
- Develop evaluation methods to demonstrate the impact that effective communication is having on policing services
- Promote the good work and successes of members and show how they have improved the police service
Training is provided to members through the Association which is working with the College of Policing to identify appropriate support.
APComm also showcases and highlights good practice within the work of communication teams.
Police Communicators Courses in Association with APComm
Download the leaflet for the Police Communicators Course and the Strategic Media Handling Course
Police Communicators Course
- PP57: Sunday 19 to Friday 24 March (Register before 10 February 2017)
- PP58: Sunday 8 to Friday 13 October (Register before 2 September 2017)
Strategic Media Handling Course
- PP59: Sunday 11 to Friday 16 March 2018 (Register by 2 February)
- PP60: Sunday 7 to Friday 12 October 2018 (Register by 31 August)